The Lince Nordeste received the Green Key award, a prize awarded in our country by the Blue Flag Association of Europe (ABAE), in recognition of good environmental and social practices that value environmental management and promote education for sustainability.
The Lince Nordeste Country and Nature Hotel is aware of the impact of its activity in the context in which it operates: the village of Nordeste, on the eastern end of the island of São Miguel, in the Azores archipelago. Due to the peculiarity of the space, the small size of the local economy, the environmental challenges that face us.
We understand that our daily challenge is to manage our hotel operations, always bearing in mind these factors. Therefore, we assume our responsibility towards the local community, making choices that respect the principle of sustainability, be it economic, environmental or cultural.
The Lince Nordeste received the Green Key award, an award given in our country by the Blue Flag Association of Europe (ABAE), in recognition of good environmental and social practices that value environmental management and promote education for sustainability.
- We always give preference to hiring residents in the municipality of Nordeste, as long as they meet the defined technical and personnel profile: at present, 94% of the staff are resident in the municipality of Nordeste;
- Our employees are accompanied and trained by colleagues from other hotels in the group, with a view to their professional development, and are rewarded fairly and according to what is legally specified, also providing a positive work environment, of trust and respect;
- We guarantee access to employment regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, creed or cultural background;
- We give priority to recruitment through official bodies, aiming at the integration of the official unemployed in the labor market;
- We always give preference to suppliers of services and products in the municipality of Nordeste, as long as they meet the criteria defined for the group, without compromising economic sustainability;
- We favor local products from the island of São Miguel, both for their intrinsic quality and for their commitment to contributing to the economy of the island and the archipelago;
- The hotel operation itself contributes positively to the municipality's economy, as our guests end up spending on products and services available in the town of Nordeste;
- We support local initiatives, either through preferential prices or through offers, establishing ourselves with partners in sporting and cultural events;
- We publicize cultural initiatives in the hotel promoted in the context of the municipality of Nordeste;
- We have dishes typically associated with northeastern culture in the restaurant menu;
- We seek to provide the hotel with the means to encourage energy efficiency;
- We seek to create policies and procedures to reduce water consumption;
- We are associated with bodies and entities that aim at the proper treatment of waste;
- We seek to carry out a systematic assessment of cleaning processes, in order to minimize the use of chemical products that have an impact on the environment;
- We maintain our focus on our small horticultural farm, using principles of organic production, aiming at the use of their products in our restaurant;